CMDS 6th Graders Hattie Mae and Harrison are our student bloggers for the 2017-18 school year. Here, they share the New Year’s Resolutions of a few of their classmates.
There are many ways to make a promise to yourself to get better. One of those is a New Year’s Resolution.
A New Year’s Resolution is a promise that you make to yourself to start doing something good or stop doing something bad. Many people make a resolution for the coming New Year, but not very many actually go through with it. Here are some resolutions by some CMDS 6th graders, who say they will follow through for the New Year.
- Sarah Ann has a great resolution this year. She wants to improve her basketball skills. She feels that her shot needs work and that she needs to keep better control of the ball. Sarah Ann says she is going to practice shooting free throws and ball handling for 20 minutes each day. She will keep at it until she gets where she wants to be.
- Ella has a resolution to read her Bible every night before she goes to bed. She wants to do this because she not only wants to read her Bible at church, but also read it at home. Ella also said that she wants to learn more about God and His word. This is a very good resolution because everyone that is a believer should know about God.
- Axel’s New Year’s Resolution is to run more cross country. He wants to do this because running more cross country will make him a better runner. Axel also said that running makes your legs stronger, so that he can help his mom lift and move heavy objects around the house. Axel is very dedicated; like the old saying goes, “Practice makes perfect.”
- Sophie says she also wants to practice her dribbling for basketball. She wants to get better at dribbling with her left hand. Sophie is going to dribble for 15 minutes with her left hand and 5 minutes with her right. She is very dedicated and she has already gotten better.
All in all, we think that these sixth graders have some very good and interesting resolutions for 2018. Just remember that a resolution is a promise that you make to yourself to start doing something good or stop doing something bad.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions and will you complete them? We hope that this inspires you to complete your New Year’s resolutions!
Read More from Harrison and Hattie Mae
- Why Choose 901? Nine Reasons Hattie Mae and Harrison Love Memphis
- Kindness Counts: Hattie Mae and Harrison’s Ways to ‘Choose Kindness’
Christ Methodist Day School first opened its doors in 1958 to 75 kindergarten students. Since then, CMDS has stayed true to its Christian elementary school roots while continuing to thrive as one of the best private schools in Memphis. We encourage you to come see why we are the primary choice for so many Memphis families.