CMDS is hosting a set of events aimed at giving our parents a full picture of their child’s upcoming grade level. Here are a few questions you might have about these upcoming Lunch & Learns:
What are these Lunch & Learn events?
They are an opportunity for our current CMDS families to hear more about their child’s (or children’s) upcoming grade level. Some of you may remember the Grade-Level Preview Nights; these are simply a replacement of those evening events.
When are they?
They will be held over the next two weeks. You can expect each to last about an hour. Here is the schedule:
- Rising PK (current 2K) is Monday, January 8 at noon.
- Rising JK (current PK) is Tuesday, January 9 at noon.
- Rising SK (current JK) is Wednesday, January 10 at noon.
- Rising 1st Grade (current SK) is Thursday, January 11 at noon.
- Rising 2nd grade (current 1st) is Friday, January 12 at noon.
- Rising 3rd grade (current 2nd) is Wednesday, January 17 at noon.
- Rising 4th grade (current 3rd) is Thursday, January 18 at noon.
- Rising 5th and 6th (current 4th and 5th) is Friday, January 19 at noon.
Where should I go?
Please use the Grove Park entrance and make sure you sign in with Mrs. Oxner. The lunches will be held in room 414 of the Wilson Ross building.
What can I expect to find out?
You will hear all about your child’s upcoming grade level, from its favorite traditions to its most up-to-date curriculum. You’ll also meet and hear from all of the teachers in your child’s upcoming grade level, learn about his or her Encore schedule and have the opportunity to ask questions about what to expect next year.
What do I need to bring?
Nothing! We will provide a sandwich tray and drinks.
Who is invited to the Lunch & Learns?
These events are for CMDS parents only. We appreciate your cooperation.
What if I can’t make it?
Do not worry! We will follow up with those who are not able to attend and provide relevant information to you.
Christ Methodist Day School opened its doors in 1958 to 75 kindergarten students. Since then, CMDS has stayed true to its Christian elementary school roots while continuing to thrive as one of the best private schools in Memphis. Come see why we are the primary choice for so many Memphis families.